Over the last 2 years or so, we've had a number of wonderful industry contacts, clients and advisors tell us about their favourite personal and professional books... Books they have recommended that Clarity Street should read in order to develop our skills!
The list is varied and wonderful... oldies and new books. Full of professional, business and personal development topics - areas we all need improvement in.
Whilst some are better than others, we can 100% say that every book we've listened to through Audible (either driving in the car or walking the dogs) has given us at least 1 gold nugget to take away.
Reading these books is also a great way to get team engagement. This could include starting a monthly book club and having regular discussions - something that would benefit all team members!
Clarity Street is still working through the list (it keeps growing!), but we have now compiled our TOP 42! (Just to note, these aren't in any particular favourite order. It's the order in which we've been given the books over time... Every time there's a new one, it's added to the list!)
We'll keep adding to the list when we find out about a new book that we should read. We're hoping the list will continue to grow and help your teams and businesses!
1. The Richest Man in Babylon
2. The Barefoot Investor
3. Think and Grow Rich
4. Dare to Lead
5. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
6. The Breakthrough Experience: A Revolutionary New Approach to Personal Transformation (John Demartini)
7. How to Win Friends & Influence People
8. Don't Sweat the Small Stuff, and Its All Small Stuff
9. Financial Intelligence
10. 10,000 Hours: You Become What You Practice (Phyllis Lane)
11. Start with Why
12. Atomic Habits
13. The Alchemist
14. The one day MBA: The Critical Stuff They Don't Teach in Business School (Lew Jaffe)
15. Never Split the Difference
16. Take Control of Your Life
17. Rich Dad, Poor Dad
18. As a Man Thinketh
20. Girl, Stop Apologising
21. Crushing It!
23. Extreme Ownership
24. The Top Five Regrets of the Dying
25. The Millionaire Next Door
26. Anything You Want
27. Your Professional Headspace: Achieving Career Success and Personal Fulfilment as a Professional Practice (Scott Charlton)
28. The School of Life
30. Getting Things Done
31. Small Is the New Big
32. Selling the invisible
33. SPIN Selling (Neil Rackham)
34. The One Minute Sales Person (Spencer Johnson)
35. Little Red Book of Selling: 12.5 Principles of Sales Greatness (Jefferey Gitomer)
36. Get Rich, Lucky Bitch!
37. Never Lose a Customer Again
38. Scaling Up
39. Smart Girls Screw Up Too
40. Leadsology: The Science of Being in Demand (Tom Poland)
41. The Pumpkin Plan
42. The Advantage
As we already mentioned, we're looking to expand this list even further, so we would love to hear about any further recommendations!
Happy reading (or listening)!
Love Clarity Street.
Clarity Street was conceived from years of engaging with Accounting firms on a daily basis and a constant desire to make Accounting firms & SME’s more efficient and profitable.